Anyone completed Codename Droid?

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exile

Related forum: adventures

b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2

Anyone completed Codename Droid?

Postby b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:24 pm

Anyone completed this and feel like putting it on google video?

Have you seen there is Frak level 1 and Ghouls and Tetrapod on google video now as well as Castle Quest. (Search bbc micro) on google video.

Cybershark

Postby Cybershark » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:37 pm

heheh, definitely keep an eye out for those and spam them to people who aren't so in the know :twisted:

never completed the second of Commander Stryker's missions meself but this chap might be worth speaking to :wink:
http://www.stairwaytohell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=605&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=droid&start=12

CMcDougall

Postby CMcDougall » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:10 am

yes, i have, but PC aint fast enough to save video.

Feel free to make again with http://www.stairwaytohell.com/misc/CNdroid.zip ,its in the Lost+Found section on the left :wink:
ImageImageImage

b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2

Postby b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:42 am

That's a darn shame.

CMcDougall

Postby CMcDougall » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:36 pm

If u get stuck, on the left in GAME HELP, it has a couple of walk through's for you, if u get stuck 8)
ImageImageImage

Jeremy Grayson

Postby Jeremy Grayson » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:22 pm

Inevitably, there's already a ton of such level play-throughs on www.youtube.com. The ones listed here have been put on by someone called CPMISALIVE alone. Enjoy the following all being played in 2+ minute chunks;

Arcadians
Attack On Alpha Centauri
Blitzkrieg
Boffin
Chuckie Egg
Copter Capers
Cybertron
Deathstar
Defender
Fortress
Frak
Frenzy
Galaforce
Galaforce 2
Hopper
Killer Gorilla
Ledgeman
Manic Miner
Meteors
Missile Control
Mr Ee
Overdrive
Pole Position
Repton
Repton 2
Revs
Rocket Raid
Snapper
Spaceman Sidd
Spacepilot
Strykers Run
Super Invaders
Tanks
Tetrapod
3D Grand Prix
Thrust
Vortex
Zalaga

Jeremy
(graysonscolumn)

b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2

Postby b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:09 pm

I do like Copter Capers, a good test of multi-tasking skills. Presumably that guy isn't on this forum.

jonwiththewind

Postby jonwiththewind » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:19 pm

Video of "Rocket Raid" being completed for anyone that's interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l32QzRctSXs

Dreamland Fantasy

Postby Dreamland Fantasy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:24 pm

Wow! :shock:

In Rocket Raid could only ever get up to the section with the asteroids (if that's what they were).

Kind regards,

Francis.
Dreamland Fantasy Studios
http://www.dfstudios.co.uk

Jeremy Grayson

Postby Jeremy Grayson » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:42 pm

b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2 wrote:I do like Copter Capers, a good test of multi-tasking skills. Presumably that guy isn't on this forum.

Think it was Tolchard & Siddle who wrote Copter Capers, wasn't it? Other than Zarm for Micropower I can't think of too much else they did for the Beeb, and if either does drop in on these forums they've not made themselves known so far.

Jeremy
(graysonscolumn)

daveyt

Re: Anyone completed Codename Droid?

Postby daveyt » Fri May 26, 2017 1:24 pm

The only other game we wrote for program power was space jailer. We wrote it around the same time in the summer breaks. Good times :)

David Tolchard

paulb

Postby paulb » Fri May 26, 2017 2:17 pm

daveyt wrote:The only other game we wrote for program power was space jailer. We wrote it around the same time in the summer breaks. Good times :)

I remember Space Jailer and it was a really interesting idea for a game! It also worked on the Electron, if I remember correctly.

Pernod

Postby Pernod » Fri May 26, 2017 3:31 pm

paulb wrote:I remember Space Jailer and it was a really interesting idea for a game! It also worked on the Electron, if I remember correctly.

Far from an original idea, it is the arcade game Cosmic Guerilla from Universal in 1979. It really annoyed me that many game reviewers in the 80's had no idea what they were talking about, citing that many games were original ideas as they'd probably never set foot in an amusement arcade to know otherwise.
- Nigel

BBC Model B, ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, etc.

paulb

Postby paulb » Fri May 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Pernod wrote:
paulb wrote:I remember Space Jailer and it was a really interesting idea for a game! It also worked on the Electron, if I remember correctly.

Far from an original idea, it is the arcade game Cosmic Guerilla from Universal in 1979. It really annoyed me that many game reviewers in the 80's had no idea what they were talking about, citing that many games were original ideas as they'd probably never set foot in an amusement arcade to know otherwise.

Well, I never said it was original, just interesting. But I agree with you about reviewers not having enough arcade knowledge, although the rather dubious promotional aspect of reviews in certain publications was arguably a more important concern.

Return to “software: classic games”