Morley SCSI card weirdness

Arc/RPCs, peripherals, RISCOS operating system & ARM kit eg GP2x, BeagleBoard
Boydie

Morley SCSI card weirdness

Postby Boydie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:54 pm

For some reason, one of my RiscPCs doesn't want to play with a Morley cached scsi card.

I have two Morley cached cards, both verson 1.06. I have a variety of scsi roms for them - Morley 1.10 & 1.19, and PowerTEC. Both cards, with any rom, will work in one of my RiscPCs (Issue 1 motherboard, strongarm, RO 4.02).
No combination of card or rom will work in my other RiscPC (Issue 3 motherboard, ARM 710, RO 3.70). It always gives an Abort on Data Transfer on power-up.
If I *unplug scsidriver, the machine starts with no errors. *rmreinit scsidriver produces an abort on data transfer.

Any suggestions as to why it won't play nicely?

edit: I've just tried it with an Oak 16-bit card. Fine with the default Oak scsi rom, but if I change to the PowerTEC version, it gives the same error

Boydie

Re: Morley SCSI card weirdness

Postby Boydie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Okay, I've found the incompatibility.

It would appear that the Morley card works okay with an ARM610 card, and StrongARM card. But it can't stand being in the same room as an ARM710 card.
What the heck????

ajw99uk

Re: Morley SCSI card weirdness

Postby ajw99uk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:30 am

Boydie wrote:Okay, I've found the incompatibility.

It would appear that the Morley card works okay with an ARM610 card, and StrongARM card. But it can't stand being in the same room as an ARM710 card.
What the heck????

Might be a firmware issue?
According to this http://www.orpheusweb.co.uk/sales.rgsc/ ... conte.html ARM710 with Morley SCSI was ok for some devices though temperamental in some combinations.
Running RISCOS: A5000, A540, R140, RiscPC, RPi B
Running *nix: SGI Fuel & Indigo2, RPi2, x86, amd64, RiscPC, A540, R140

Return to “hardware”