Anyone know Rainbow Book of Computer Programs

discussion of beeb/electron applications, languages, utils and educational s/w
b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2

Anyone know Rainbow Book of Computer Programs

Postby b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:19 am

Does anyone remember this book it was either stMichael or WHSMITH. A A4 sized hardback book about 1/2 inch thick. Was Black cover and back with a coloured rainbow as if drawn on graph paper to show the pixels and some space invaders in a similar way.

I haven't seen this book on ebay or mentioned on sites but it was one of the first computer books I got one christmas. I remember that the type in games never met my expectations but I still typed a great deal in. To my younger mind I somehow thought the games would bear a similarity to the acccomanying artwork. That was part of the motivating factor!

There was a section at the front covering the popular computers and each "game" took up about 1-2 pages.

Mode 7

Postby Mode 7 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:00 pm

Yes, I know the one you mean. I remember reading that one when I should have been working in a Design class at school, hoping to pick up some BASIC tips. It was WHSMITH, I think.

b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2

Postby b_b_c_m_i_c_r_o_2 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:51 am

Mode 7 wrote:Yes, I know the one you mean. I remember reading that one when I should have been working in a Design class at school, hoping to pick up some BASIC tips. It was WHSMITH, I think.

I managed to get a copy off ebay there are some scans here:

http://www.thefatboy.co.uk/bitflip/index.php?title=Rainbow_Book_of_BASIC_Programs