RISC iX on ST506

chat about arc/risc pc gaming & RISC OS software here (NOT the core OS!)

Related forum: adventures

timw

RISC iX on ST506

Postby timw » Wed May 18, 2016 10:33 pm

How to copy RISC iX 1.2 from SCSI to ST506 disc

These instructions describe how to install a working copy of RISC iX on an ST506 disc (either on a real machine or using Arculator), using as a source the available SCSI disc image of RISC iX version 1.2 discussed in the thread RISC iX - Cloned!. Luckily, a lot of the SCSI image is free space, and most of the system will fit on a 64MB ST506 disc.

Prerequisites

1. You will first need to set up Arculator, or a real Archimedes with both ST506 and SCSI drives (typically an R140 or A440/1 with Acorn SCSI podule), with a working RISC iX installation using the SCSI disc image. You may need to compile Arculator from the latest sources to be able to support RISC iX. Other RISC iX installations might also be suitable for copying across, depending on the size. To ensure the process as described below works as expected, it is important to use a fresh (unmodified) SCSI disc image, which should have the following md5 sum:

Code: Select all

520734dbf9edb63e16e31c30c4dff9d1  riscix121chdimage.zip

2. In olden times the utility st506form2 was used to format the ST506 disc and partition it for RISC iX. This utility is currently missing in action, but you can use a modified version of RISC OS 2 HForm, called HForm-iX, to do the job instead. Note: This means that the resulting disc format will not be exactly the same as that of an original machine. In particular, HForm-iX does not create a RISC iX defect list (which is not needed under emulation). If st506form2 turns up in future, you can use that instead.

HFORM-iX.zip
    (12.23 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

3. These instructions assume the use of version 1.22 of the RISCiXFS module (inside the !RISCiX application), and RISC OS 3. Unfortunately, when run under RISC OS 3 this version of RISCiXFS disables the ST506 disc controller. In order to access the ST506 disc in RISC iX, it is necessary to either use RISC OS 2.00, or patch the RISCiXFS module.

To patch the module, the byte at address 0xc374 needs to be changed from 0x0d to 0x09. The BASIC program PatchRiXFS will do this job, provided that the RISCiXFS module is in the current directory. It will also change the version number of the module from 1.22 to 9.22 to highlight the patch. You will need to reload the module afterwards (or patch the version inside !RISCiX directly, so the patched version replaces the old one).

PatchRiXFS.zip
    (392 Bytes) Downloaded 33 times

4. If using Arculator, you may come across an issue where RISCiX hangs during boot with the repeated message

st0: spurious int
    To work around this, in the Arculator source file ioc.c comment out the code that sets/resets IOC_IRQB_DISC_CHANGED in ioc_updateirqs(), and recompile Arculator. Note that this will stop floppies working correctly.

Formatting and partitioning in RISC OS with HForm-iX

Note: As the ST506 disc will be formatted, any existing data will be lost.

1. Configure the machine appropriately, and then reboot to ensure the disc is visible:

*configure harddiscs 1

2. Run HForm-iX, and choose the appropriate drive number (normally 4 if you have a single ST506 disc)

3. Choose the Maximum Size disc (64MB), or your actual disc type on a real machine (the R140 had a 53MB drive, but this is too small for RISC iX 1.2)

4. Select (N)ew map format and accept the default drive geometry values

5. For the defect list, choose A (no more changes)

6. For soak test choose (N)o, then are you certain? (Y)es

7. On a real machine with a disc that was never formatted before, choose (F)ormat, otherwise (and with Arculator) choose (I)nitialise (note: if you are using a real disc, you may want to format and soak test it to make sure it is working properly)

8. The drive will now be sectioned into areas for RISC OS and RISC iX. To maximise space for RISC iX, a small RISC OS area of 512kB will comfortably hold the !RISCiX application. For the 64MB disc with 64kB cylinders, choose 8 cylinders for the RISC OS area (ie. fewer than the default proposed by HForm-iX).

9. The LFAU can be the default 1024. The ADFS part of the disc will now be created.

10. The RISC iX area can now be partitioned (once the disc has been sectioned, the RISC iX area can be repartitioned with HForm-iX as often as desired without reformatting or affecting the RISC OS area). Two partitions are needed; one for the root filesystem and one for swap. RISC iX cannot boot without swap and seems to need at least 1MB or so. The standard size on the R140 was 4MB. In practice this is the bare minimum for a usable system, and should be chosen here.

11. The default partition sizes and names can now be chosen: 948 cylinders for the Root partition and 64 for Swap, on the 64MB drive.

12. Select (Y)es to write the partition table to disc. Make a note of the suggested mkfs parameters for rst0a, as these will be used later to create the root filesystem.

The output of HForm-iX should look like this:
part1.png

Copying from within the RISC iX SCSI installation

The new disc can now be prepared from inside the SCSI RISC iX installation. There is not enough room on a 64MB disc to copy everything from the SCSI image. Around 5MB can be saved by omitting emacs, and then everything else will fit (just). For your frustrating retro text editor experience you can use vi or uemacs instead.

Note: The new root partition (on the ST506 disc) is /dev/st0a. The existing root partition (on the SCSI disc) is /dev/sd0a. Don't mix them up!

1. Either install RISC OS 2.00, or patch the RISCiXFS module as described above. Boot RISC iX from the SCSI disc and make sure the following text is displayed during boot, confirming that the ST506 controller is available:

st[0-1]: internal controller

2. Create the new filesystem, using the mkfs command suggested previously by HForm-iX (the first 3 parameters for mkfs are sectors@sectorsize, sectorspertrack and heads):

mkfs /dev/rst0a 242688@256 32 8 8192 1024 16 10 1 2048 t

3. Mount the new partition:

mount /dev/st0a /mnt

4. Create some directories in the new partition:

mkdir /mnt/mnt /mnt/tmp /mnt/dev /mnt/usr /mnt/usr/lib

5. Copy a few things, using tar in order to preserve attributes:

(cd /;tar cf - etc sbin tftpboot var vmunix .profile bin lib)|(cd /mnt;tar xf -)

6. Copy all of /usr, apart from /usr/lib:

(cd /usr;tar cf - `ls -A1 | grep -v lib`)|(cd /mnt/usr;tar xf -)

7. Copy /usr/lib, apart from /usr/lib/emacs:

(cd /usr/lib;tar cf - `ls -A1 | grep -v emacs`)|(cd /mnt/usr/lib;tar xf -)

8. Create device special files:

cd /dev;ls -A1 | cpio -pdvm /mnt/dev

9. All done:

halt

The whole process should look like this:
part2.png

Booting from the new ST506 installation

1. Back in RISC OS, copy the !RISCiX application on to the ADFS area of the ST506 disc. The SCSI disc can be removed now.

2. From the !RISCiX configuration menu, set st0 as the default device instead of sd0.

3. Start RISC iX (using the patched RISCiXFS, or RISC OS 2.00) and during boot you should see that the root device is /dev/st0a, and the swap device is /dev/st0S.

Success!:
part3.png

part4.png

part5.png

Next steps

You can now delete any stuff you don't want, in order to free up disc space. Unless you intend to log in as root all the time, you need to create /home, as this wasn't copied across (so the home directory for the user guest is missing). You could try formatting a second ST506 drive and creating dedicated partitions for /home and /usr, to give plenty of free space.

References

The following links are very helpful - thanks a lot to flibble and jfc - and of course to Tom for the indispensible Arculator!

Tim

DutchAcorn

Re: RISC iX on ST506

Postby DutchAcorn » Thu May 19, 2016 9:40 am

Thanks very much for this elaborate tutorial! =D>

With SCSI RiscIX is picky about the interface used, only the Acorn AKA31 seems to work. Do you know if for ST506 support the drivers need the Acorn interface (A4xx) or the Acorn AKD52 podule (A3xx)? I have a non-acorn ST506 podule (can't remember what brand now), should that work or are the RiscIX drivers specific?
Paul

flibble

Postby flibble » Thu May 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Nice one Tim, very glad to see the scsi rip can be used to rescue the st506 machines :)

RobC

Postby RobC » Thu May 19, 2016 3:48 pm

Many thanks Tim. I've been looking for a copy of st506form with no success but this will allow me to put RISCiX on an old A310 :D

timw

Postby timw » Thu May 19, 2016 8:48 pm

DutchAcorn wrote:Do you know if for ST506 support the drivers need the Acorn interface (A4xx) or the Acorn AKD52 podule (A3xx)? I have a non-acorn ST506 podule (can't remember what brand now), should that work or are the RiscIX drivers specific?

I don't know, it's worth a try! The podule will contain the same HD63463 controller. What's in the podule ROM? Hopefully nothing...

davidb

Postby davidb » Thu May 19, 2016 9:52 pm

This all looks very good. Well done! :D I'll have to give this a try the next chance I get.

DutchAcorn

Postby DutchAcorn » Fri May 20, 2016 6:49 am

timw wrote:
DutchAcorn wrote:Do you know if for ST506 support the drivers need the Acorn interface (A4xx) or the Acorn AKD52 podule (A3xx)? I have a non-acorn ST506 podule (can't remember what brand now), should that work or are the RiscIX drivers specific?

I don't know, it's worth a try! The podule will contain the same HD63463 controller. What's in the podule ROM? Hopefully nothing...

It's a Computerware podule. I'd love to try but my A310 is a bit hard to get to at the moment, it will take a while.
Paul

ajw99uk

Postby ajw99uk » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:12 pm

DutchAcorn wrote:
timw wrote:

It's a Computerware podule. I'd love to try but my A310 is a bit hard to get to at the moment, it will take a while.

It was years ago, but pretty sure I managed to boot RISC iX 1.15 from an ST506 attached via podule to an A3000 (4MB/ARM3). The podule ROM contains only a module to provide the "Harddiscs" configure setting, so "dumb" as regards the controller itself, I infer. So if your Computerware has the same controller IC, seems worth a try.

Been trying to set up RISC iX on ST506 today, from 1.15 installation floppies, but the Rodime 3065 for which the "mknewfs" script is written has died (unless someone here thinks six loud clicks at power-on followed by silence is non-fatal!) and the Tandon/WD 362 was not playing ball.

So I thought I'd try a copy from SCSI and managed to "newfs /dev/sd0a 362", thus scrubbing the existing 1.21 installation (luckily itself a clone, so I think I can restore everything tomorrow).

In the process I discovered that:
1. RISCiXFS 1.24 seems to have no trouble with ST506 under RO3.10
2. On A440 hardware, RISC OS 3.10 only talks to one ST506 controller at a time, m/b or podule, depending on whether the podule's module "Harddisc" is unplugged or not. 3. You cannot configure more than two Harddiscs (I did wonder if 3 or 4 would force the second controller to be 'seen')
4. RISC iX (1.21c) sees the second controller (as giving st2-3) but ignores it as being not configured. Perhaps the R140 Admin guide may shed some light on how to configure it - in the absence of a two-drive control cable, one drive on each of two controllers would give a bit more breathing space for 1.15 (though still not enough for 1.21, I think)
5. Version 1.5 of st506form2 sets up a 10MB Swap partition by default, even if that means a stupidly small Root, and seems to want a free cylinder between partitions (RISC OS given 16 cylinders staring at 0, which should be 0-15 inclusive, but RISC iX Root starts at 17 - I saw spare sectors under scsidm partitioning but a whole cylinder?)
6. St506form2 is not as user-friendly as HForm-iX appears - I especially like the way if provides the info for mkfs
7. Using floppies under RISC iX seems a bit fragile - several kernel panics in the course of trying to delete stuff (after mknewfs failed to make the FS on st0a and started copying stuff from / to /mnt on the floppy itself), though editing a single file worked OK
8. Having !RISCiX on a hard disk is useful when trying to install from floppy
9. Experimenting with newfs too late in the evening is not a good idea!
Running RISCOS: A5000, A540, R140, RiscPC, RPi B
Running *nix: SGI Fuel & Indigo2, RPi2, x86, amd64, RiscPC, A540, R140

crj

Postby crj » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:22 pm

timw wrote:RISC iX cannot boot without swap and seems to need at least 1MB or so.

I believe it actually needs at least as much swap as RAM.

But if you want it to be useful, it should be perhaps 2-4 times the size of RAM.

ajw99uk

Postby ajw99uk » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:54 pm

crj wrote:
timw wrote:RISC iX cannot boot without swap and seems to need at least 1MB or so.

But if you want it to be useful, it should be perhaps 2-4 times the size of RAM.

Which makes the 10MB default, for a machine with 4MB RAM, a reasonable compromise between usefulness and limited disk space on the standard R140 HD.

Today I have seen the R140 boot with 0.7MB swap, but that was a floppy-boot (1.15 kernel) so perhaps a special case.

crj

Postby crj » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:33 am

ajw99uk wrote:Today I have seen the R140 boot with 0.7MB swap, but that was a floppy-boot (1.15 kernel) so perhaps a special case.

That's... surprising. Though I'm much more familiar with the 1.21 kernel.

I have fond memories of having an agonising time getting to the point where I had an adequate swap partition so I could proceed. Once, I even resorted to using a Linux box as networked swap.

A handy tip for those unaware, by the way: RISCiX uses a range of SWIs for syscalls which is disjoint from those used by RISC OS. This means RISCiXfs can emulate those SWIs and provide an environment sufficiently RISCiX-like for many utilities to run. Sometimes I'd go years at a time without using that ability, but it was invaluable when I needed it.

Boydie

Postby Boydie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:42 am

ajw99uk wrote:It was years ago, but pretty sure I managed to boot RISC iX 1.15 from an ST506 attached via podule to an A3000 (4MB/ARM3). The podule ROM contains only a module to provide the "Harddiscs" configure setting, so "dumb" as regards the controller itself, I infer. So if your Computerware has the same controller IC, seems worth a try.

Been trying to set up RISC iX on ST506 today, from 1.15 installation floppies, but the Rodime 3065 for which the "mknewfs" script is written has died (unless someone here thinks six loud clicks at power-on followed by silence is non-fatal!) and the Tandon/WD 362 was not playing ball.

So I thought I'd try a copy from SCSI and managed to "newfs /dev/sd0a 362", thus scrubbing the existing 1.21 installation (luckily itself a clone, so I think I can restore everything tomorrow).

In the process I discovered that:
1. RISCiXFS 1.24 seems to have no trouble with ST506 under RO3.10
2. On A440 hardware, RISC OS 3.10 only talks to one ST506 controller at a time, m/b or podule, depending on whether the podule's module "Harddisc" is unplugged or not. 3. You cannot configure more than two Harddiscs (I did wonder if 3 or 4 would force the second controller to be 'seen')
4. RISC iX (1.21c) sees the second controller (as giving st2-3) but ignores it as being not configured. Perhaps the R140 Admin guide may shed some light on how to configure it - in the absence of a two-drive control cable, one drive on each of two controllers would give a bit more breathing space for 1.15 (though still not enough for 1.21, I think)
5. Version 1.5 of st506form2 sets up a 10MB Swap partition by default, even if that means a stupidly small Root, and seems to want a free cylinder between partitions (RISC OS given 16 cylinders staring at 0, which should be 0-15 inclusive, but RISC iX Root starts at 17 - I saw spare sectors under scsidm partitioning but a whole cylinder?)
6. St506form2 is not as user-friendly as HForm-iX appears - I especially like the way if provides the info for mkfs
7. Using floppies under RISC iX seems a bit fragile - several kernel panics in the course of trying to delete stuff (after mknewfs failed to make the FS on st0a and started copying stuff from / to /mnt on the floppy itself), though editing a single file worked OK
8. Having !RISCiX on a hard disk is useful when trying to install from floppy
9. Experimenting with newfs too late in the evening is not a good idea!

You have st506form2 and installation floppies?

I'm not sure the words exist for how badly I need copies of those! Might even persuade me to go back to fixing the Rodime drive!

danielj

Postby danielj » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:56 am

Have the installation floppies been archived?

d.

Boydie

Postby Boydie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:06 am

Not that I'm aware of. I've never been able to find any archives of anything relating to 1.1x, and when I tried to archive my own copy of 1.13 I discovered what would appear to be a defect stripe across the drive.

I do have the box of 12 floppies containing optional software, which was supplied with the R140 (because there wasn't enough space on the HD to fit everything on so you had to install/deinstall according to preference/requirements).

And AFAIK, st506form2 was missing, presumed dead. According to the Release Summary, it should have been supplied on "a disc containing the RISC iX Bootstrap". I've been through the entire R140 box (bought new, unopened from Acorn's warehouse) and if it's in there, it's *really* well-hidden.

timw

Postby timw » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:32 pm

ajw99uk wrote:5. Version 1.5 of st506form2 sets up a 10MB Swap partition by default, even if that means a stupidly small Root, and seems to want a free cylinder between partitions (RISC OS given 16 cylinders staring at 0, which should be 0-15 inclusive, but RISC iX Root starts at 17 - I saw spare sectors under scsidm partitioning but a whole cylinder?)

The reappearance of st506form2 would be most welcome. I wrote HForm-iX (or rather modified an old HForm) because I couldn't find a copy of st506form2, but I made certain assumptions about the RISC-iX partition structure that may not be correct, and I missed out the defect list (as I don't know the required format), so it would be better to use the original. I think st506form2 was fiercely guarded by Granada Microcare and carried around in a golden padlocked velvet-lined suitcase, or something.

crj wrote:

My R140 will boot with 1MB swap, though I agree that you can't do a lot with it. But even X will start with only 2MB of swap, although you might need to do away with some non-essential items, like fonts. With no swap at all, the kernel (1.2) hangs.

ajw99uk

Postby ajw99uk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Boydie wrote:You have st506form2 and installation floppies? I'm not sure the words exist for how badly I need copies of those! Might even persuade me to go back to fixing the Rodime drive!

Yes to st506form2, partly yes to installation floppies.

Base system installation from the three floppies produced by the Granada scripts, same as obtainable from http://qubeserver.com/Qube/qubeftp.php? ... %20Install or http://sink.me.uk/RISCiX/

23 floppies for use with packageadmin, hand-dated 11 August 1991, containing:
X11R2
X11core
X11prog
X11demos
X.desktop
man
learn
yp
onc
progdev
bnet
f77

I don't know if that lot, together with the base installation from the kernel, system and archive disks, represents a full suite, or whether there are elements above 'base' but below the 'packages' level (such as the packageadmin or pinstall, to unpack the packages from the 25 floppies - it is not mentioned in the Granada scripts, AFAICT). The documentation seems to be concerned with an as-delivered system, with "make a level 0 dump" being a recommended step, so I suspect there must have been some middle ground stuff you would be expected to "restore" rather than reinstall.

To archive the packageadmin floppies, I assume dd'ing under RISC iX itself, then ftp'ing as a tarball to a modern system, would be best (mainly so as to use a DD drive). I have just tried mounting one of the packageadmin disks under RISCiXFS and it told me the disc had not been initialised, so either it's already dud or packageadmin did not store packages on a normal 4.3 filesystem.

I also think there was at least one other package, emacs, based on what is under /packages/contents in the 1.21 installation (all folders/files under /packages dates 1990 so this predates 1.21 itself).
Last edited by ajw99uk on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crj

Postby crj » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:03 pm

Didn't packageadmin use cpio archives?

ajw99uk

Postby ajw99uk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm

crj wrote:Didn't packageadmin use cpio archives?

Once I'd got round to looking at man pages:
"a package is held in a tar archive, held on floppy discs in dsplit format"

So does dsplit sidestep the 4.3 filesystem? The man page refers to formatting a disc, and dsplit's default target is /dev/rfdf1024 whereas "mount -t 4.3" requires the block device /dev/fdf1024.

This exercise has also showed me that permissions seem to be borked in my installation - I was expecting to be able to read man pages as % but seem to need # (and xedit fails unless launched from xterm as root).

crj

Postby crj » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:39 am

Ah - tar not cpio? Fair enough.

But yes, I think they're stored directly on the floppy with no intervening filesystem.

(Edit: You still have to format the floppy first, though, just to give the disc its sector structure.)

ajw99uk

Postby ajw99uk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Getting back on strict topic I now have a RISC iX 1.15 installation on ST506. It's rather limited as until the original drive is sorted out the R140 only has 20MB, split 256KB RISCOS, 1MB swap and the remainder 4.3.

st506form2 states that the minimum RISC iX requirement is 18.5MB; it claims to restrict the RISCOS space accordingly and when sectioning offers 37 cylinders (1,184KB), which would seem to leave nothing spare for swap. However, when you start partitioning, the swap space is 320 and root only 295 cylinders, i.e. about half what is said to be required.

I did not use the "mknewfs" script from the System floppy, as this assumes a Rodime 3065 drive. Using a 1.21 installation, I mounted the System floppy as /0 and a small partition /dev/sd2a as /mnt, then used a modified 'mknewfs2' to do the first stage. Then, after rejigging SCSI IDs, a modified cpsys from what was now /dev/sd0a to transfer the 1/15 Kernel and Archive floppy contents. The 'restore xf /dev/fdf1024' through 19 floppies, yielding a SCSI-based 1.15 installation that claimed to take 15MB out of a 44MB partition. I then tar'd that across to the ST506, having to do /bin, /etc, /lib and /usr separately (plus cpio for /dev, as per cloning guide). I had tried an all-in-one tar clone but that ran out of space.

Rebooting with st0 as 'device', no joy (blank screen) until I had removed the SCSI card. Will need to try with SCSI again, with the 'unixboot' module loaded. Having removed the SCSI card, I was glad to see it booted fine from /dev/st0a. With 200KB free on disc and 1MB swap, I can run single-user but not multi-user (too many services being started, so maybe a cut-down rc file would work).

If you wanted to install from the recovery floppies without an existing RISC iX system as "host" for my early cut-down-scripts stages, you'd need some way to edit the 'newfs' command in the 'mknewfs' script and/or the disktab file, with disktab or mkfs parameters to match the ST506 disk available.

I also wonder how newfs would react if an emulated ST506 is given the same CHS shape as a Rodime 3065 - in theory it ought to be happy. Thought it might be worth sharing a disktab entry for a 64MB emulated drive, so as to use newfs in place of mkfs (fewer parameters!). I think this does the job:

# disktab entry for emulated 64MB ST506 disc, for e.g. "newfs /dev/st0a emu64"
# assumes 32 sectors, 8 heads and 1024 cylinders, with only partition 0 to be used as a 4.3 filesystem
# partition size not defined as newfs can generate this dynamically
emu64:\
   :ty=winchester:ns#32:nt#8:nc#1024:se#256:rm#1:\
   :ba#4096:fa#1024:

ajw99uk

Postby ajw99uk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 pm

ajw99uk wrote:
Boydie wrote:You have st506form2 and installation floppies? I'm not sure the words exist for how badly I need copies of those! Might even persuade me to go back to fixing the Rodime drive!

Yes to st506form2, partly yes to installation floppies.

What is stardot policy with regard to attaching binaries and disc images of proprietary material? And with regard to attachment sizes?

Boydie

Postby Boydie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:25 pm

*Very* nice work!

If stardot can't, I'm sure 4corn would be more than happy to add it to their riscix archive.

ajw99uk

Postby ajw99uk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Boydie wrote:*Very* nice work!

Thanks.
Tried with unixboot loaded before riscixfs and that was fine, but so (today) is RISCiXFS by itself then

boot vmunix st0(0,0) sd0(0,1)
so I have access to 4MB swap on sd0S instead of the 1MB on st0S.
RISCiX_115.jpg

I rebooted to get a nicer picture - first time round is told me "Last login: Tue 24 Aug" and a time, without mentioning that it had been August 1993!
Boydie wrote:If stardot can't, I'm sure 4corn would be more than happy to add it to their riscix archive.

4corn sounds like a good idea. I was also wondering about the CCH but looks as though their archive is physical objects (like Acorn boxed discs for iX 1.13) rather than binaries.
Since the restore yielded only 15MB, I don't think there's much personal stuff there. Some rhosts, passwd and fstab lines to remove but they are not sensitive. Looks like user folders were on NFS mounts at the time of the dump.

Boydie

Postby Boydie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:29 pm

If you want to check how complete it is, I've just uploaded the RiscIX Release Notice, part of which lists all the files and packages included in the standard (1.13) distro.

ajw99uk

Postby ajw99uk » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:20 am

Boydie wrote:If you want to check how complete it is, I've just uploaded the RiscIX Release Notice, part of which lists all the files and packages included in the standard (1.13) distro.

Thank you - though not sure when I'll get through it!

Return to “software”