Beemem3 for Mac

want to talk about MESS/model b/beebem/b-em/electrem/elkulator? do it here!
stevei2791

Beemem3 for Mac

Postby stevei2791 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Hi

I recently got a new laptop and have been moving stuff across as you do. I tried to move Beebem3 and it wouldn't open, it was a direct link from Jon's site, I think this has something to do with the expiry of a developer key - not a problem, I had a recompiled version from about 6 months ago with the Master Bit fix in from Jon.

Anyway I tried to connect to my econet server aund using this latest version and it starts normally but when I select the econet on/off option I get a temporary freeze and the econet functionality doesn't start, checking the logs I see

Code: Select all

Econet on/off selected
Econet: Failed to resolve local IP address

I have checked on the older laptop running El Capitan and it is working, did something change in Seirra, anyone else having this problem, the port number is 10000 so isn't privileged. I also checked running it locally using 127.0.0.1 but that produces the same error in the log.

Steve

g7jjf

Re: Beemem3 for Mac

Postby g7jjf » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:04 pm

I can only run Sierra under emulation using 10.12.3 and I am not seeing the error you are getting. I get the Econet on/off selected message but not the failed to resolve error. I don't have a physical econet system here to test with but I can do something like *NET followed by *I AM JON, and I get a Station 254 not present message so I assume the code is working properly.

If you want me to knock up some small diagnostic program to try and work out why your system can't resolve the IP address, I will try.

Jon

stevei2791

Postby stevei2791 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi Jon

Thanks for the offer, if there is anything that would help it would be great. Both versions are definitely working on the previous version of mac os on the old laptop.

I have a quick video showing what i am doing https://youtu.be/LWjVozHpwtg, sorry about the accent :oops:

Steve

g7jjf

Postby g7jjf » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:48 am

Steve,

Sent you a PM

Jon

stevei2791

Postby stevei2791 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:07 pm

After some fantastic help from Jon, the solution is actually relatively easy,

Code: Select all

sudo bash -c "echo 127.0.0.1 $HOSTNAME >> /etc/hosts"

Without this even a ping $HOSTNAME fails.

thanks again Jon

Steve

Return to “emulators”