Unfinished Text Adventures

discuss text & graphic adventures for Acorns. level 9, robico & epic led this field
fuzzel

Re: Unfinished Text Adventures

Postby fuzzel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:43 am

I'm having a break from Cops to play Lost City by Superior, a nifty little Mode 7 text adventure with some Mode 7 graphics thrown in.
However, I'm now stuck in the jungle and can't get past the rhinos. Has anyone played this and can give me a clue ?

fuzzel

Postby fuzzel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Just solved it myself, seems to happen quite a lot that.

fuzzel

Postby fuzzel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:33 pm

I've just finished Lost City and will post the solution to CASA. That's all the Superior Software adventures with solutions on CASA now.

fuzzel

Postby fuzzel » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:29 pm

I'm having my first dabble with Potter Programs' adventures which I guess were written primarily for the Acorn Electron as they are played in a none teletext mode. Not ideal but anyway.. The one I'm playing is The Twin Orbs of Aalinor, which I'm happy to report is a little gem of a game albeit with more than the odd spelling mistake, which doesn't really spoil the enjoyment. It's a tricky little customer, the room descriptions are definitely above par and despite there not appearing to be a huge number of objects and puzzles in the 80 odd locations I've visited so far, it's managed to keep my interest high for the last week or so I've been playing. I'm currently stuck trying to get through either a trapdoor (to who knows where) or up into a loft despite possessing the surely requisite ladder for one of them. Anyway, does anyone have cassette inlays, magazine adverts, reviews (except Micro User Jan-87 and Electron User Dec-86 - both identical and by Pendragon - I wonder if he got paid twice?) etc to add to my enjoyment ?
Last edited by fuzzel on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fuzzel

Postby fuzzel » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:12 pm

Re: The Twin Orbs of Aalinor: Unfortunately, there's a downside to playing unsolved text adventures. Could someone please help me to either get into the loft in the Granary or to get through the trapdoor on the wooden platform in the Castle ? As I mentioned earlier I have a (mended) ladder but it's no bleeding use ! Having gone to the trouble of having it fixed, surely it's not a red herring ?