Dumps of BBC software on the forum

feedback, comments and suggestions pertaining to the *. forums
Michael Brown

Dumps of BBC software on the forum

Postby Michael Brown » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Just wondering when we will finally get a new archieve for BBC B games within the forum and also when newer games will be archived.

I am thinking along the lines of a BBC disk image of the new Repton game which has become available on Electron World as a tape image (and only for the Electron, I think!).

Also games like Zap and Krystal Connection.
Are these still under licence/copyright or will they become available soon here?

Lastly, any MIA tapes that may have been found but not archieved.

regards,
Mick.

leenew

Re: Dumps of BBC software on the forum

Postby leenew » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Me too.
I was wanting all of the 'fixes' that have been made, and new versions that have been found lately, to become another 'official' STH disk.
e.g. disk 144.
It just keeps things consistent.

Michael Brown

Postby Michael Brown » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:26 pm

The problem with some of the fixes is that they have mainly been done to make the games playable on various versions of Beebem and b-em although a few BBC games did need some minor bugs fixing.

Also some of the games are Electron only and need more than just a simple fix to work on a BBC and need sections of code changing to work on the BBC such as Lunar Invasion on one of the triple deckers from Alternative.

I would love to include some fixed games and new games on a new games disk (as long as the authors and copyright holders were ok), but sadly, this looks like the first year since 2008 where this is not going to happen (although I still have six months or so!).

Dave_E

Postby Dave_E » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:24 pm

The adding of the tape image of Repton The Lost Realms to Acorn Electron World was a mistake. Not a deliberate one; caused by my "too intelligent for its own good" PHP coding that found it, zipped it up and added it. :-)

However, it would be nice to have a BBC Micro site like the Acorn Electron World one. I've already got AEW, D32Universe and Personal Computer News keeping me busy but the great thing is that they all now share the same "back end" meaning it might not be *too* difficult to write a BBC Micro World site.

Is anyone up for helping?

CMcDougall

Postby CMcDougall » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:50 am

Michael Brown wrote:any MIA tapes that may have been found but not archieved

Dave_E wrote:Is anyone up for helping?

Happy to archive more tapes, have had a holiday from that recently, and I now seem to have withdrawal symptoms :o
ImageImageImage

Return to “stardot.org.uk”