Electron Forever (the fanzine)

Got a programming project in mind? Tell everyone about it!
uniforix

Electron Forever (the fanzine)

Postby uniforix » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 am

Hi Guys

Not a programming project as such but I'm working on a fan based version of Electron User. I wondered if anyone has any project submissions or would like to contribute any content (like 10 liners, reviews) etc. and join me in the fun.

Attached is a short preview copy of the mag, there is more content but deliberately not releasing too much at the moment.

I only started this at the weekend and will look to do a little at a time and possibly push up to Blurb so that printer copies can be ordered if anyone wants one, otherwise its a free PDF, free to advertise as well if anyone got any hardware projects etc. they are selling, just get in touch. :D

electronforever_cover1.png

electronforever_page2.png

welcome.png

uniforix

Re: Electron Forever (the fanzine)

Postby uniforix » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 am

Was going to attach the PDF but seems it doesn't accept them so split out a few images.

lurkio

Postby lurkio » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:03 am

uniforix wrote:Was going to attach the PDF but seems it doesn't accept them so split out a few images.

Dozens of PDFs have been uploaded to the Stardot forums. But perhaps you exceeded the filesize limit. (I'm not sure exactly what that limit is though!)

Nice idea for the mag, btw.

=D> =D>

uniforix

Postby uniforix » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:05 am

Ah, ok, cheers mate.

Admins, if this is in wrong thread please could you relocate for me ? Thanks.

davidb

Postby davidb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Looks like a good initiative! It would be great to find time to contribute at some point. :)

uniforix

Postby uniforix » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:09 pm

davidb wrote:Looks like a good initiative! It would be great to find time to contribute at some point. :)

That's great, would love to have some input, feel free to message me any time, for reference I also have a facebook page up and running here where I will post updates etc. and can also be messaged: https://www.facebook.com/electronforever/

vanpeebles

Postby vanpeebles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Looks great, the hardest part about doing a fanzine is getting regular copy. See if you can press gang some people into being regulator contributors.

uniforix

Postby uniforix » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:33 pm

vanpeebles wrote:Looks great, the hardest part about doing a fanzine is getting regular copy. See if you can press gang some people into being regulator contributors.

I'm sure that will be the case, I'll make what I can but would definitely be good to have contributors. My plan is to make one issue and see what the result of that is, if people like it and I see a sign that people might want to help out, then I'll bring out another.

It's just for fun, so not going to put any pressure on by saying "it will be out monthly" or anything like that, just do what I can and see where it goes.

I've been in touch with The Code Show, which has been set up to teach kids programming in schools through vintage computers, thought it might be cool for them to submit snippets if they ever produce any BBC Basic code, and I have posted in a few facebook groups etc.

I only started it on Saturday so very early days :-)

Return to “projects”