Computer Concepts 'Text to Speech' Manual

want to request software or documentation that you can't find online? post in here!
dv8

Computer Concepts 'Text to Speech' Manual

Postby dv8 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:03 am

It's a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a copy of the instruction manual for the TEXT TO SPEECH ROM by Computer Concepts? It doesn't seem to be preserved anywhere online and I'd like to change that.

TEXT TO SPEECH was a companion to the SPEECH ROM, originally sold separately and later bundled together as the SPEECH SYSTEM.

The instructions were provided as a supplement to the main SPEECH ROM user guide. I've never seen it before so don't know whether it was supplied as a proper bound book or just as loose sheets. Either way, it's probably very short - just a few pages.

If anyone has a copy of the SPEECH ROM user guide, it could be worth checking to see if the instructions for TEXT TO SPEECH are hidden inside.

Thanks,
Paul.

bakoulis

Re: Computer Concepts 'Text to Speech' Manual

Postby bakoulis » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Waiting a while return to my home from work and I upload the bootleg. This is the only manual it have the original disk version that I had bought from ebay some time ago.
2xElectron, 3xBBC B, BBC Master.
2xAcorn A310, A420/1, 2xA3000, 2xA3010, A3020, A4000, A5000.
2xRISC PC, Acorn Pocket Book, Acorn Pocket Book II.

dv8

Postby dv8 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:13 pm

bakoulis wrote:This is the only manual it have the original disk version

Computer Concepts Speech was only ever released as a ROM, there was no disc version.
Perhaps you're thinking of Superior Software's SPEECH! :?:

bakoulis

Postby bakoulis » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Yes, this I mean. I thought was the same.
But I found the manual that you asked!
:wink:
Attachments
ccspeech_pdf.pdf
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
2xElectron, 3xBBC B, BBC Master.
2xAcorn A310, A420/1, 2xA3000, 2xA3010, A3020, A4000, A5000.
2xRISC PC, Acorn Pocket Book, Acorn Pocket Book II.

dv8

Postby dv8 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:28 pm

bakoulis wrote:But I found the manual that you asked!

No, that's the original SPEECH ROM manual. I'm looking for the TEXT TO SPEECH instructions.

tricky

Postby tricky » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:27 am

I spent quite a while looking about a year ago, but all I found was the demo program on the disc - I think.

I like the cc speech, it doesn't require a serial ROM, nor the board to be modded when adding the speech processor.

My daughter, 10 at the time spent a couple of hours adding words to a little spelling test program we wrote together.

dv8

Postby dv8 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:12 pm

I've spent ages searching too, found the main Speech ROM manual and probably the same disc that you mention (if I remember it was a compilation of various speech related stuff).

I also managed to dredge up a really old post on another forum where someone has quoted the first few paragraphs of the TTS instructions, but the full manual is nowhere to be found.

CC Speech has become my favourite out of all the beeb speech systems. The intonation patterns and stress markers really make a big difference to the quality of the speech.

Return to “archive requests”