2x non-functional RiscPC mobos - for cost of postage

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
nudelooney

2x non-functional RiscPC mobos - for cost of postage

Postby nudelooney » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:20 pm

Would anyone like two non-booting RiscPC motherboards? Both have suffered from battery corrosion. One is missing its RTC chip as a result.

Both have VRAM fitted. I'll see what DRAM I can put in them. One has OS3.7, one has OS3.5.

Free to anyone for cost of postage ... or I can bring them to the winter meetup in Leicestershire if you're in no hurry.

danielj

Re: 2x non-functional RiscPC mobos - for cost of postage

Postby danielj » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Oooh, yes please! :) (I'm in no hurry and at Leicester) :)

d.

nudelooney

Postby nudelooney » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:48 pm

danielj wrote:Oooh, yes please! :) (I'm in no hurry and at Leicester) :)

d.

Marvellous! I shall bring them along!

sbadger

Postby sbadger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:01 pm

darn.. :wink:

i've a board with vram and dram socket damage (snapped and knack'd)

is there a known source so i can fit new ones? googling 72pin dram socket really doesn't work!)

stew
A3020 | BBCBx3 | Electrn | Masterx3 | RPix3
A600 | C64 bbin x2| C64 C | Toastrack | XB360 | GB | GBC | GBA | GBASP | DS | 3DS XL x2| MD | MS
Atari 7600 | PS1-2-3-4 | PSP | Vita | SNES | GC | N64 | Wii & U | Switch | Jamma Cab | Sony PVMx2

danielj

Postby danielj » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Simm sockets: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/connector ... m-sockets/

VRAM will have a check. Depending on how salvageable these are I may start breaking things up...

sbadger

Postby sbadger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:13 pm

danielj wrote:Simm sockets: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/connector ... m-sockets/

VRAM will have a check. Depending on how salvageable these are I may start breaking things up...

nice thank you for that. Do you know why the riscpc boards have the angle simm board, assuming the pins align the board any reason why not to replace with a right angle one?

stew
A600 | C64 bbin x2| C64 C | Toastrack | XB360 | GB | GBC | GBA | GBASP | DS | 3DS XL x2| MD | MS
Atari 7600 | PS1-2-3-4 | PSP | Vita | SNES | GC | N64 | Wii & U | Switch | Jamma Cab | Sony PVMx2

danielj

Postby danielj » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Because the SIMMS won't fit next to each other - just replace like with like :) (Straight up would probably work)

d.

danielj

Postby danielj » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:11 pm

The VRAM socket is a 136way D/SIMM socket. I can't find anything appropriate. I suspect it was rather rare - I can't think of anything else that used something like that myself.... :?

sbadger

Postby sbadger » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:20 am

danielj wrote: (Straight up would probably work)

d.

ok, thats what i meant by right angle, right angle to the board, sorry I don't know the conventions on this stuff :oops: .
It's not immediate obvious which ones one RS will fit, tape measure time!

sbadger

Postby sbadger » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:34 pm

right ordered a couple of the 72pin simm ones, hopefully will come in time for me to bring to abug to fit.
Re. the vram, looking at it, it seems it's only lost the clip on one side, I think it's probably usable.

danielj

Postby danielj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Good luck! Pictures of how you get on! :) It doesn't need the clip to work at all. Fine without - that just slightly helps in removing the module.

d.

Return to “for sale / freebies”