Econet Interface for BBC Master & Upgrade Kit for Model B / Acorn Speech Upgrade

wanted ads for hardware, software + literature (NOT for tape/disc image requests)
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
YuT666

Econet Interface for BBC Master & Upgrade Kit for Model B / Acorn Speech Upgrade

Postby YuT666 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 am

Searching for an Econet Interface (Master), an Upgrade Kit for a Model B & a Speech Upgrade.

Offers with some infos, pics & a price (including the shipping to Germany).

I would pay with paypal.

Thanks.
Last edited by YuT666 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Libera Te Ex Inferis ...

matt_nottm

Re: Econet Interface / Acorn Speech Upgrade

Postby matt_nottm » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:20 am

Are you looking for an Econet module or upgrade kit for a BBC B?

Econet modules are available on eBay and from CJE.

I have not seen an Econet upgrade kit for a while, I've started to put a parts list together from Beebmaster's documentation to buy the parts separately:

https://www.beebmaster.co.uk/BeebShop/Downloads/BeebMaster%20Econet%20Upgrade%20Kit%20Fitting%20Instructions%20v2-5.pdf

The 68B54 is the more interesting to obtain part, I don't know if I trust the Chinese/HK suppliers on eBay, I was planning to socket everything on the Beeb, and order from a couple of suppliers to see what was genuine as that would bring the cost down to circa £3 for the 68B54.

There have been a few Speech upgrades on eBay, or there is this option:
http://www.sprow.co.uk/bbc/speechupgrade.htm

YuT666

Re: Econet Interface / Acorn Speech Upgrade

Postby YuT666 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:48 am

Sorry, my mistake & thanks for the infos ...

Searching for an upgrade kit for the Micro B and an interface for my Master. I've edited the title ...
Libera Te Ex Inferis ...

danielj

Re: Econet Interface for BBC Master & Upgrade Kit for Model B / Acorn Speech Upgrade

Postby danielj » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:57 am

Retroclinic has the 68B54 - not sure how much. The rest of the parts are easy to source.

Modules are getting expensive :(

d.

jgharston

Re: Econet Interface for BBC Master & Upgrade Kit for Model B / Acorn Speech Upgrade

Postby jgharston » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:03 pm

danielj wrote:Retroclinic has the 68B54 - not sure how much. The rest of the parts are easy to source.
Modules are getting expensive :(

Good job I bought half a gross some years ago ;)

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.25
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2015
>_

flaxcottage

Postby flaxcottage » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:06 pm

jgharston wrote:Good job I bought half a gross some years ago ;)

That is some network you are building, Jon! :lol:
- John

Why do I keep collecting Acorn gear? I'm going to need a considerably bigger man-cave. :?

YuT666

Postby YuT666 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:11 pm

Can be closed. Found some elsewhere.
Libera Te Ex Inferis ...