Flowol software and Unilab hardware

discuss the archimedes & risc pc, peripherals and risc os/risc os on pi
Zarchos

Flowol software and Unilab hardware

Post by Zarchos »

Do you know that ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flowol-PC-Softw ... 7675.l2557

I've just bought the 2 lots, looked interesting (maybe).

Has sbdy go this already, how good is it ?

Any infos or links welcome, thank you.
Last edited by Zarchos on Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarchos

Re: Flowol and Unilab hardware

Post by Zarchos »

Up because I've received 2 out of the 3 parcels containing the items, but the software is Windows PC only, and not RISC OS, when the documentation clearly states there are Windows, RISC OS, and Mac versions.
maniacminer

Re: Flowol software and Unilab hardware

Post by maniacminer »

I know this is a super old thread, but did you get a UNILAB Computer Module 540.027 ?

I'm looking for information on how to drive this board via serial, I downloaded Flowol 4 but that has no support for UNILAB boards (nor does Flowol 3) - did you get the original version of Flowol? According to the manual for Flowol 2, it is possible to select the "MFA Serial Computer Module", so getting hold of Flowol 2 would help a lot [-o<
Andy1979

Post by Andy1979 »

maniacminer wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:10 pm
I know this is a super old thread, but did you get a UNILAB Computer Module 540.027 ?

I'm looking for information on how to drive this board via serial, I downloaded Flowol 4 but that has no support for UNILAB boards (nor does Flowol 3) - did you get the original version of Flowol? According to the manual for Flowol 2, it is possible to select the "MFA Serial Computer Module", so getting hold of Flowol 2 would help a lot [-o<
Have you tried reaching out to Flowol on this as they're still in business and I believe still run by the original founder, Anthony Bowker https://storeuk.robotmesh.com/ (who, incidentally, was a year or two above me at school - small world!)
maniacminer

Post by maniacminer »

Andy1979 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:12 pm
maniacminer wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:10 pm

Have you tried reaching out to Flowol on this as they're still in business and I believe still run by the original founder, Anthony Bowker https://storeuk.robotmesh.com/ (who, incidentally, was a year or two above me at school - small world!)
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I have left a Facebook Messenger message on the Robot Mesh Facebook page already, but the more chances the better.
maniacminer

Post by maniacminer »

Oh well, despite several attempts, I got nothing back. I'm tempted to remove the PIC and put my own on there, a back burner project for a wet winter next year :lol:

Return to “32-bit acorn hardware”