How to play Escape from Enthar Seven from ADF file

subjects relating to classic games for the archimedes and risc pc
dom

How to play Escape from Enthar Seven from ADF file

Post by dom »

I remember playing Escape from Enthar Seven back in the day, and have tried to load the ADF file into various emulators running various versions of RISC OS, but the !boot doesn't seem to be executable. If I change it to a file of type "command" and run it, I get an error that there's no sprite memory.

Please can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have tried arcem, arculator and RPCEmu, RISC OS 2, 3 and 5.

This thread mentions the game: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=18092&p=274082#p274082

thanks

Dom
sirbod

Re: How to play Escape from Enthar Seven from ADF file

Post by sirbod »

I believe it will only run natively under RISC OS 2 due to the way BBC6502emulator was coded. I'd have to check my notes to confirm what the exact issues were.

The latest ADFFS beta certainly gets it running on a Pi as I spent a few days debugging the game in March, whilst tracking down an bug in ADFFS. Although I've not tested it recently, it might get it running under earlier OS, I'll have to check the Boot script to confirm which.

If you just want to look at the Boot script ADFFS uses, to try and work out your own, it's !ADFFS.obey.F1013501
dom

Re: How to play Escape from Enthar Seven from ADF file

Post by dom »

sirbod wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:53 am
The latest ADFFS beta certainly gets it running on a Pi as I spent a few days debugging the game in March
Lovely, I'll give it a go. Thanks for all your work!

Return to “32-bit acorn software: classic games”