Beeb Motherboard wanted

wanted ads for physical hardware, software + literature
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
retromarky

Beeb Motherboard wanted

Post by retromarky »

My motherboard has died. Has anyone got an issue 7 board for sale?

Thanks
Mark
1024MAK

Re: Beeb Motherboard wanted

Post by 1024MAK »

You may also want to consider having your ‘dead’ board repaired. The vast majority can be brought back to life.

Mark
retromarky

Post by retromarky »

Yes, thanks.
I am actually going to take a look at doing that myself but figured I would just put the feelers out and see how much and if anyone had one.
maniacminer

Post by maniacminer »

retromarky wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:37 pm
Yes, thanks.
I am actually going to take a look at doing that myself but figured I would just put the feelers out and see how much and if anyone had one.
How did you get on? I'm on the lookout for a dead board so I can remove every single component and hang it on the wall in my office as a piece of industrial art. Obviously, the less components on it the better 🙂
baz4096

Post by baz4096 »

maniacminer wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:13 am
How did you get on? I'm on the lookout for a dead board so I can remove every single component and hang it on the wall in my office as a piece of industrial art. Obviously, the less components on it the better 🙂
Have you considered one of the remake boards? They're only available in blue at the moment, but I think there may be a run of green ones later on?

https://www.tindie.com/products/bobsbit ... b-replica/
Acorn: Elk, Beeb, M128, Pocketbook I & II, A3010, A5000, A7000, SARPC
Amstrad: NC-100, NC-200, PPC640
Sinclair: Custom ZX Spectrum +2
SGI: Indigo2 ZX, Indy, Indy Cyclone
Misc: ARMini & More Raspberry Pi's than I care to count...
maniacminer

Post by maniacminer »

baz4096 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:27 am
maniacminer wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:13 am
Have you considered one of the remake boards? They're only available in blue at the moment, but I think there may be a run of green ones later on?

https://www.tindie.com/products/bobsbit ... b-replica/
I've seen the remake, an interesting idea, I toyed with the idea myself, but not to make a 1:1 replacement as there are still tens of thousands of BBC Micros knocking around and unless someone's whacked the board with an axe, I can't see a board being unrepairable. For a new PCB I would have added Transputer link support and as I've got plenty of the old school INMOS RAMDACs I'd add 24 bit colour to a video ULA remake, rather pointless now as the RGB2HDMI can work solely in the digital domain. Nope. I just want an old, original BBC Micro PCB that has been given up on so I can turn it into a bit of objet d'art 😀

Return to “wanted”